Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rain

Shocking forecast for the Pacific Northwest I know, but rain is back in the forecast for our Newport days. High 40s. Maybe it will change again? Regardless, we have decided to purchase two little travel umbrellas, especially since rain is forecast for Chicago and Portland for our layovers there (but not for the way back - fingers crossed). We'll still be taking pictures.

Amtrak provides "walking tour" maps for some cities on their Web site. Luckily for us, both Chicago and Portland are two of those cities. Chicago for me immediately conjures images of Wrigley Field, but I may have to resist a visit I think because (1) it's not within walking distance of Union Station and (2) tours of Wrigley don't start until April. I want a tour. Maybe even go to a game there before I die. We will likely hit up Grant Park and the Sears Tower in Chicago instead. Portland I don't know that much about, so we'll probably just wing it there. We'll of course let you know!

2 comments:

  1. Go to Wrigley anyway, even if there isn't a tour. Trust me on this. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in Wrigleyville, near the ballpark. Also, it is accessible via the Chicago El. Take the green line (I think it's the green line) to Addison. The ballpark is two blocks away.

    Rob Ford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the umbrellas have the potential to make some really fun and/or fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete